A name is something that shows up on your Facebook profile, and people search for it. Sometimes, we keep nicknames on our profiles. Thus, people who don’t know us can’t find us. So, the change of name becomes necessary. But How To Change Facebook Name? We’ll find out in this post.
Also Read: Facebook Stylish Names
How To Change Facebook Name?
Changing the Facebook name is easy and can be done by following a few easy steps. You may find this difficult if you haven’t done this before. So, I suggest you follow the below process step-by-step.
How To Change Facebook Name Through The Web?
The simplest version of Facebook is the web. If you use the web to surf Facebook and want to change your name on it; then you can do that by following the below steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/
- You will see your profile photo in the top right corner.
- Then click Settings and privacy followed by Settings.
- Now click the edit button located beside your name.
- Enter your new name and click on Review Changes.
- Facebook will ask for your password; enter that and click on Save Changes.
How To Change Facebook Name Through The App?
People mainly use the Facebook mobile app. If you want to change your Facebook name through it, then you can do that by following the below steps:
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account by confirming your identity through email/phone and password.
- Then click on the three lines located in the top right corner.
- Scroll down, and you’ll see and option Settings and privacy; click that.
- Now tap on Personal information under the account section.
- Click Name.
- Enter the name you want to keep on your Facebook profile and tap Review Changes.
- Enter your Facebook password and tap Save Changes.
Things to keep in your mind before changing the name:
Few things you should always keep in your mind before changing your name. Facebook has a few rules, and you should name your profile by abiding by the rules.
The naming rules are:
- Symbols, numbers, characters from different languages, titles of any kind, words or phrases, and offensive words aren’t allowed.
- It will be better if you keep the same name that is on your ID.
- You can use nicknames as your middle name.
- Profile names are for individuals; if you own a business, create a page instead.
There is no limit to changing your Facebook name. However, you can only change your name once in 60 days.
If you cannot change your Facebook name, it might be because you recently changed it. Please wait for 60 days before you can change your name again.
So, now you know How To Change your Facebook Name. We have discussed the entire process step-by-step. After reading the post, you’ll be able to change your Facebook name without difficulty. If you found the post helpful, share it with your friends to help them change their Facebook names.